The Robert Thoroton School, Flintham, Nottinghamshire

The Robert Thoroton School was founded in 1950. The school was housed in ex-RAF huts in the woods of Flintham Hall. There is hardly anything left above ground to indicate where the school was situated. The group, above, were working with plans of the school and walking the site to find any evidence of the school. Three of the group had been pupils at the school and, using the plans and their memories, it was possible to locate the main school buildings.

Back to LHI Projects

Copyright © The Flintham Society 2006 All rights reserved
Terms of Use  Copyright   Privacy
Page updated 16-Oct-2013